sábado, 31 de mayo de 2014

Bewitched in Oz by Laura J. Burns | Review |

Reviews


Bewitched in Oz


by Laura J. Burns


 

SINOPSYS:


When Zerie Greenapple's friend is arrested for using her magic,


she knows she must do everything she can to protect her own magic...


even if it means traversing the dangerous landscapes of Oz a


nd encountering strange creatures along the way.


Zerie and two friends set out to find Glinda the Good,


in the hope that she can help them defeat the evil Princess Ozma.


But what they experience on their journey might just tear them apart.


Will magic be enough to save these three friends?


9d479-addtogoodreadsblack


 

 

 

THE AUTHOR


 

Laura J. Burns is a Californian author originally from Long Island, New York. After being a YA book editor for a while, she now spends her time on the writing side. She often collaborates with fellow author Melinda Metz, with whom she writes the Wright and Wong mystery series, featuring a young detective who has Asperger's.


She was closely involved with the creation of the Roswell High series, and later became a staff writer on the Roswell TV series.


She likes vampires, werewolves, celebrities, and TV. And big dogs.



THE REVIEW


 

Hello!Today I bring a different book to what I 've been reading lately , I wanted to give a little variety to my challenge , you know, go in search of new horizons. I received an uncorrected copy  of Bewitched in Oz by Laura J. Burns, the cover drew me (It's beautiful , I mean a redhead, that eye, and the title), I read the synopsis and decided to give it a try .


Well this story had divided me , has interesting things on that road was YA but then I took a turn to a more minor degree , sometimes entertaining to me , others not so much. Has defined the framework of a magical story coming out of what is known as OZ , and characters that have that urge to become part of this world , I liked his style, his way of being and with something unique in them.


It has a simple writing is not complicated and you can read it at any time that you make easy, you can spend time entertaining and like you saw a little movie inside a book, you could take it as a: "Ok, let's see how is this book "maybe my problem is that not well defined for destined to age of a YA oficially, even so try to enjoy reading with their pros and cons.


Quickly I read it in a Sunday afternoon, has positive things if you are a person looking to hang out and give a book a chance, maybe the case or also you're a fan of the world of Oz, this book is good and if you have doubts definitely not take it.


For me the book is somewhere in between and maybe this was not for me reading.



My stars: 3


 

Follow the challenge:


retos2014

1 comentario: